NEET 2019 Exam Pattern is derived by the National Test Agency in India. In this article, we have given information on new changes occurred in NEET exam pattern, Marking Scheme, and Previous years question papers. NEET is a national level medical test which is conducted to offer admission in MBBS, BDS, and Ayush courses. As per the official notification, the NEET 2019 entrance exam is going to held on 5th May 2019. It will be conducted through offline mode (pen-paper based).
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern Overview
|NEET Exam Date||May 5, 2019|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Language||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections||Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology (Botany and Zoology) – 90 Questions
|Total Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Total Marks of Examination||720 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks; if an answer is wrong, then 1 mark will be deducted.|
Changes in NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Following we have provided key points of changes occurred in NEET exam pattern:
- As per the latest notification by the National Test Agency, The mode of NEET 2019 exam will be conducted through offline mode only i.e. pen and paper-based test. Earlier this medical exam was conducted through online and offline mode.
- First, the NTA board have decided to conduct the NEET exam twice a year. Later this decision was changed and from now onwards, NEET Medical exam will be conducted only once a year.
- The official authority of this medical entrance exam has also been changed. Earlier this exam was conducted by CBSE Board, from the year 2019 it will be officially conducted by the NTA board.
NEET 2019 Marking Scheme
In this section, we have explained how the NEET 2019 Marking scheme has been decided by the NTA board. The candidate who will appear for the NEET exam for the year 2019, their marks will be on the basis of following marking scheme.
- The candidate will gain plus (+) four marks for each correct answer.
- In case, if a candidate gives an incorrect answer minus (-) 1 mark will be deducted from their score for each wrong answer.
- There will no marks are given for the questions which unattempted question.
The National Test Agency has kept no compulsion on answering or attempting any specific no. of questions. Therefore candidates can attempt as many as they can and mark answers. It should, however, be noted that candidates must mark answers carefully in the OMR sheet.
NEET 2019 Marks Calculation Method
Here we have given the calculation method of NEET 2019 marks, please check out the following steps for the same.
The candidate has to check the official NEET 2019 answer key ORM sheet and calculate their correct and incorrect answers from the no. of attempted questions.
We will assume the no. of question which is answers correctly as “C”.
Now we will assume the no. of the incorrect answers as “I”.
Now use the marketing scheme of NEET exam i.e. +4 marks for the correct answers and -$ marks for incorrect answers.
After all this the formula to calculate NEET 2019 score will be
Marks in NEET 2019 = (4 x C) – (I x 1
NEET 2019 Syllabus
NEET syllabus was first introduced in the year 2017. Then in 2018, there were rumors of changes being introduced, which were later dispelled. Now for 2019, the syllabus will remain the same as what it was earlier.
Biology syllabus for NEET 2019
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Biology – from class XI syllabus
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Human physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Biology – from class XII syllabus
- Ecology and environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Genetics and Evolution
Physics syllabus for NEET 2019
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Physics – from class XI syllabus
- Physical world and measurement
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Work, Energy and Power
- Laws of Motion
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillations and Waves
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Physics – from class XII syllabus
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Chemistry syllabus for NEET 2019
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Chemistry – from class XI syllabus
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
NEET 2019 Syllabus for Chemistry – from class XII syllabus
- Solid State
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p- Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Kinetics